Skip to content
Butternut Squash Soup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line a cookie sheet with foil. Put squash, onions, and carrots on foil, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and "toss" to coat. Roast for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven , add apple pieces, stir to combine, and roast for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, add curry power, stir well, and roast for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
Run soft vegetables through blender in batches, adding stock as needed to puree. Return pureed mixture to stock pot, add any remaining stock. Heat and add additional stock if necessary to reach desired consistency. Add additional salt and pepper (and curry powder) to taste.
- 1 small butternut squash: peel, cut in half, remove seeds, and cut into 1 inch cubes (4-5 cups of cubed squash)
- 1/2 lb carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 large Granny Smith apples peeled and cored, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 4-5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry power (use Madras or red, whatever suits your tastes)